- wallet, the one I got from Walmart for $5 in Kirtland, Ohio this summer.
- phone, and a little cloth to clean the screen.
- keys, with my Smith's card, library card, and gym card attached to a lanyard that says, "Got Milk?", and a dream catcher key chain that my sister brought my from Ecuador.
- laptop- his name is Theo, and he's about 6.5 years old. He's on his last leg of life, his third battery, and he kind of moves slowly. I just brought him today in case I couldn't find a free computer to work on my paper.
- charger- also the third charger. They seem to burn out rather quickly.
- notebook- this is my notebook for taking notes in my teaching writing, and my teaching reading classes. It also has book orders in it, and a lot of other pretty colored hand outs. Usually my professors color coordinate assignments, which really adds spice to life.
- writer's notebook- this is for my grammar class. I decorated it with newspaper clippings. In it can be found jottings which illustrate the extent of my grammar knowledge, which isn't much to look at.
- gum- Extra Polar Ice. I like gum.
- headphones
- lotion- I took this lotion from a hotel that my family stayed at over Christmas vacation. I'm sure it was complimentary...I can't stand having dry hands or static-y hair. A trick I've learned is to put lotion on your hands, rub it in most of the way, and then rub your hands gently on your hair. This is a short term fix to a static problem.
- post-it notes- I always hope that I'll use them, but I never do. They usually end up crumbled at the bottom of my bag.
- water bottle- ever since the kidney stone incident of September '12, I've tried to stay hydrated.
- apple- I get super hungry on campus, and need small snacks to sustain me throughout the day.
- orange- " "
- i pod shuffle- this currently has my running mix on it. Too bad I haven't been running in two weeks...
- pencils
- pens
- a spoon- just in case.
- three different books about how to teach reading and writing, including assigned readings that are due today that I may, or may not, have read.
- many article pdfs- again, some read more than others.
- my teacher badge
- a million other papers.
- my finished portfolio for my research paper!
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Things I carry
Here is a list of what is currently in my backpack:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love your answer to static and the whole idea of teachers adding spice to your life with colored paper hand out...wow...it seems like you might develop some shoulder problems with this load. xo
I believe you are prepared for just about any situation! I like the spoon--just in case!
Extra polar ice. you know what's up
like. I have papers in my bag that were important 6 months ago, but I don't want to sort through them yet.
Post a Comment