Even in this prolonged dampness
of hades’ bitter winter.
I’d trade
a future of feeling of sun warmed skin
the smell of sunscreen mixed with fresh cut grass
warm nights and star gazing
backyard barbecues
thrills of new places and faces
finding sand in my pockets
after days and nights on the beach--
if it meant one more
day
with you.
I've decided that I like making mash ups of blog trends. So today is not only poetry Friday but it is also throwback poetry Friday. So here is a throwback poem that I wrote once.
we found the ring on Portabello
sterling silver, arms wrapped
around the amber stone, green
with tiny ribbons of gold
worn on the left hand fourth finger
as a joke.
we got lost
in pashminas and galoshes
our noses pink and running
hand in hand
escaping with the light of day
too fast.
The gap is to be minded
and later will be mended
as the cloud people
come down to play
but we brush them away
umbrellas raised to the sky
blocking all friendly advances.
we is me and a daydream,
pulling at the strings
of my heart-shaped kite
with the tail dripping down
red.
4 comments:
These are lovely, lovely poems. The first one spoke to me as I sit here in a snowstorm missing an old friend. Thank you.
Beautiful love poetry. Lucky the person for whom you wrote your first poem. We all need that kind of love!
love this line...the cloud people come down to play xo and have a great weekend
i love these poems a lot. i think i should start writing more poetry
Post a Comment