I'm joining Dana who was joining Jen for 7 quick takes Friday, but I'm doing it on Wednesday, just because. I've kind of slipped off the writing wagon, but this is my attempt to saddle back on. I'm going to follow Dana's lead on this though--these are going to be quick quick takes.
1. I slept through my alarm today, but thankfully my dear sister Emma called me at 8:00 am just to chat, which woke me up in time to get to work on time. How is it that I went to bed at 11:00 pm, woke up at 8:00 am, and I'm still fighting back sleep here at work?
2. I am in love with Cutie Oranges. They were on sale at Macey's last week, and I've almost gone through the whole bag since. Well, I think I have. There is no telling how many of them have secretly been eaten by my roommates, which is perfectly fine by me. Who knows how many of their Cuties I've eaten in the past.
3. Today is a lamb eating a lion day. It is supposed to be almost sixty degrees outside, yet the sky is dark and scary looking. And so begins the touch and go season of spring. I am just counting on the fact that at some point during the next few months there will be snow covering the emerging tulips.
4. I finally went to the dentist. I found the dentist all by myself, made the appointment, and drove myself there. I think this is a coming of age moment for me. In the past I have hated going to the dentist. Hated hated hated. But it really wasn't too bad. We'll see how I feel after they replace a filling in a few weeks though...
5. There is less than a month of school left. This means that there is less than a month left of me taking classes and being an ordinary BYU student. I can't really even comprehend the meaning of this, but I am sure that come my last final on April 20 something, it will be a day of much rejoicing in the land.
6. Through the course of my life, am constantly being reminded of my obsession with cookies. In my mind there is no better breakfast than one that includes a cookie or two. When offered, it is nearly impossible for me to refuse a good-looking cookie, unless it is oatmeal raisin. There is no worse trick to play on the world than to bake a batch of these things. I honestly don't see the point in a cookie without chocolate or peanut butter in some form or another.
7. I'm trying to start up my running career again. I've signed up for the Provo City 1/2 Marathon, which is May 4th, and I'm signed up to run the Wasatch Back Ragnar with my family again in June. I've realized that despite my long history of whining about running, I actually do like it. Why else would I come back to it year after year? I don't think that marathon running is really something for me, but I think I can do 1/2 marathons every now and again. Running is fun. Especially in the sun. Or especially with a buddy.

3 comments:
Dear Mer,
I am so glad to have found your blog again. Because I think you are the greatest writer on the planet. Jane Austin has nothing on you. If you don't believe me, please reflect on the time you wrote my dear John letter for me. Or the time you wrote my love story for my wedding website. If I ever become president, you are the only person whom I trust to write speeches for me. Also, I want you to know that you are still my roommate. So go tell your new roommates (that I don't even know who they are) that you're my best girl. Love you mer!!
I love your opening line...I hope the lamb does eat the lion today and I totally agree with the cookie thing...there better be chocolate or even a raisin for me. I'm glad you got back to your writing today. xo
yay, you joined me! #4--i had a coming of age dentist moment a few months ago where I had to PAY for my own dental work for the first time. And it was a big fat ugly terrible bill. #7--I'm trying to decide between running a half marathon, or a full marathon or doing a long bike race this summer/fall. or all 3???? if i was that ambitious. . .
Post a Comment