Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Oh ya. I'm in London.

So here is an update on the life of a student at this crazy school in London. This is the situation, I am crowded into a house (It's a pretty big one, but none the less crowded) with over 50 people including all my teachers and their families. It has only been a week but it feels like a lot longer. You get to know people really fast when you live with them, you eat every meal with them, you have all your classes with them, etc. It is especially strange doing all these things with your professors. I have yet to decide if I like this part of the experience. This weekend I saw neato stuff. I went to the National Gallery, The Tate Modern, and the Portabello Road market. The National Gallery was amazing. I nearly cried as I got to be six inches away from the brilliant works of some of my heros. Van Gogh, Monet, Cerrat, Picasso, you know, the greats. All the people and pictures I had learned about in all my art classes at my fingertips. All the things I thought I would only visit in textbooks, plus a hundred more, all within walking distance. Two hours and I only saw 1/6th of the museum. Wonderful. Portabello road was another neato place. Apparently it is the largest antique market in the world. People set up booths along the road, and hundreds of people flock to shop and wander. There was jewelry, china, super old books, crepes :), old maps and prints, all things wonderfull... I bought a ring. It wasn't antique, but I like it. I decided this is the most romantic place in the world. It is easy to fall in love with the city. Tomorrow I'm off to Stone Henge, Bath, and Salisbury. Stay tuned for pictures that will blow your mind.

No comments: