Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Is this real life?

My first full day in London. First we went on a walk through the city. It was exciting getting there, as it was my first underground rail experience. They call it the tube. I use what they call my "oyster pass" to get on and off. I feel cool. There is so much to see where ever you are. All the buildings are so beautiful. I wish I could record everything I see with my eyes so I could save every second. While on this walk we were looking for a place to eat, and everything was closed. Everything. At first we thought the British must be weird and not eat on saturday's, but then we realized it was just the buisness district. We finally ate at a place called Prets, that serves all natural food. Next we went to a department store called Herods. Apparently it is the second largest department store in the whole world. It was giant, and had stuff from all the big name designers. I couldn't even afford to breathe the air in there really. I looked a purse in the 50% off bin, and it was 1150 pounds, which would be around $2000, and that was the sale price. I got a different purse for 8 pounds in the gift shop. :) That night we went to a play. Our seats were in the very back, because we got standby tickets and wanted to stay together. It was called the Woman in Black, and was really scary. Supposedly it's the most terrifying live theater performance. I was brave though and only covered my eyes for a little bit. Well, I have lots of cool pictures, but the internet here isn't strong enough for me to upload them. I'll have to do it at some internet cafe some time. In the mean time, just google pictures of London and imagine me in them. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are having fun already! And I am so glad that you let me see your blog. I miss you, let us skype again soon. OH and remember to get apple juice from a cafe called Pret a Manger (I think) and remember me while you drink it!
P.S. This is Stefanie. I know there is a way to publish this comment with my name on it, but I can't remember what it is.

Gram B said...

It sounds like you are having "a simply marvelous time". It is a great place to be. I will try to send you some family birth/death locations, maybe you'll have a chance to visit them. I wish I could be there.