Monday, January 11, 2010
No words to describe.
I am a weirdy. We start classes tomorrow, and every one is moaning a groaning about it, and dreading the reading we'll have to do. I sit quietly when these conversations arise because this is the part of the whole London thing that I am most excited for. I'm excited to sit in class, and I'm excited to do the reading. Mmmmgood. Today we went to the Museum of London. I saw a mammoths scull today. Also, really really old weapons, and things from when the Romans occupied London. Then we went to St. Paul's cathedral. Words and pictures can't describe it. I've studied it in art history and stuff, and I thought it was pretty. But when I got to the steps, I couldn't believe the size of it, and all the intricate details hand crafted. Then we went inside, and I lost my breath for a second. I wish I could paint the experience with words, but I can't. A MAZ ING. Afterwords we went shopping and I spent &30,000.00 American dollars. *kidding*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I love you mary! I wish I could talk to you in person...The school district blocked facebook, so I signed up for gmail chat...Tell me what your schedule is going to be like. I just realized yesterday that I don't know whether you'll be touring or sitting in class or what! And I hope your cold is getting better~!
Oh Mary! I am so glad you chose to leave me with your blog address! Don't be surprised if I comment on every single post, sorry that I am so annoying, but I am living vicariously through you at the moment. I sometimes have dreams that I am in St. Paul's sometimes. It is so beautiful! The huge rotunda, oh! Cole and I laid on the ground underneath staring up at it until people started staring disapprovingly in their British way. AH! Post pictures.
I said "sometimes" too many times in the 5th line. I am just so excited for you and it makes my grammar really crappy.
Hi Mary. I love you and I love reading your blog. Thanks for sharing and making me laugh. :)) (that's my dougle chin)
Did you see the "bird lady" feeding the piegons, like in Mary Poppins? ;-)
If you get the chance you should try one of the "Ghost Story Walking Tours" they share some great "history" stories around the area of St.Paul's. The fun has just begun.
Oh Yeah,one more thing, "Mind the Gap".
HI Mary, How exciting to see all of this in person !
Your dad sent me the link to your blg.
I sur hope your cold is getting better...be brave and try the Netti poy. I believe it really works.
Love you
Post a Comment