This morning at 2 AM the fire alarm went off. The thing that woke me up was my roommate hollaring at us to get up and move. So I got my coat, and my boots, probably slower than I should have in case the fire was close. All I could do was question whether this was real life or not. It was. Everyone crowded into the entry way to await further instruction. So it was 40 students with our teacher all in our pajamas. Priceless experience. Apparently the lady upstairs left her oven on all day. They turned it off and we went back to sleep.
Later that day, I was visiting the Tate Britain, an Art Museum. It was a really neato collection. I was just taking my time, wandering around, looking at pictures that caught my fancy when, out of the blue, the fire alarm went off. We had to evacuate the building. Two in one day. MLIA (my life is average.)
Different story- The other day I was visiting the British Library. I needed to use the toilet, so I followed the signs. As i went to pull the door open, it became apparent to me that the picture on the door was in fact a man. Yes, a man. I stepped away and walked as quickly as I could in the other direction. After I had found the ladies toilet I left the stalls to wash my hands, and noticed that there was a man at the sink. This was quite confusing to both of us. He apologized under his breath and left rather abruptly, checking the sign on the door as he left. Ironic? Yes. Funny? Maybe only to me.
6 comments:
i just laughed out loud. I love you.
Too Funny! did you submitt it at MLIA?
Ha,ha,ha! I'm living vicariously through your average life; mine is a little less exciting, perhaps, a little more average.
That's hilarous! I Love It!! Reminds me of the time I was in the shower at the MTC when the fire alarm went off, I couldn't go into my room to grab my clothes because the doors automatically lock. So, My companion and I had to go outside in our towels. (How Embarassing)!
I've done that before, always one of those moments when you hope no one saw you or you wish you could be anywhere else but there.
BAH hahahahaha
Post a Comment