
In the tube station corridors there are often performers trying to pick up some extra change. They are quite entertaining in the fact that they usually aren't that good at what they do. Lots of times it is like a bad karaoke party or ward talent show. I never give them coins. Ever. Mostly out of laziness. However, something changed within me. There is a nice Japanese girl who has a bedazzled guitar. Her name is Yoko Hallelujah. After a few months in London I got used to seeing her around. One day I was fed up with all the amateur performers, and I swore I would give money to Yoko the next time I saw her. To her an no one else! Ironically after I made this vow I didn't see her for another two months. I kept my eyes open, but was sorely disappointed every day.
My luck changed for the better on Wednesday. First off, I finally made it in to see Wicked! I had sweet seats and everything. I cried a little which is to be expected. After this performance I was on quite a high. The night couldn't have gotten any better, but I bet you can guess how it did...at the station on the way home I saw my pop star hero Yoko! I had waited so long! I was star-struck. I freaked out a little bit, like you would expect a thirteen year old who had just run into the Backstreet Boys. I gathered my friends around me, and explained my excitement. We did a loop around the station so that we could walk past her again to pay our respects. We we got there, I was too nervous to speak. Here she was. My hero. Unfortunately she was talking to some guy rather than singing. We waited, and then put some money in the guitar case. My friend had to talk for me in my flutter. "We really like your music. We've seen you before!" I jabbed her in the side reminding her we needed to ask for her card! Her card! We left feeling successful and fulfilled, a pink card in hand with her myspace page included. This was probably my most exciting brush with fame ever since seeing Donny Osmond that one time at my cousin's wedding.
1 comment:
So does she have talent?
Post a Comment