
Durham Castle just happens to be a College, which just happened to be in between sessions when we just happened to be in Durham! So last week I spent one of my evenings in a castle. Our room was huge, and was straight from a fairytale. Some girls thought it was haunted, I didn't. I just checked under the beds and in the closets before I went to bed. I really wanted to take my sheets off the bed and tie them together to sneak out. I've never done it, and this seemed like the place to do it. Unfortunately I fell asleep before this dream was realized. I also didn't find a tower window that was ideal to throw my hair out and call for a prince. I woke up in the morning asking, "Who's life am I living? How on earth did I get here??" I would have never dreamed a year ago today that I would have these cool adventures. I had the same thought yesterday, "Is this real life?" It has been hard to realize that this is real as indoor plumbing.
No comments:
Post a Comment