My last night in London take two:
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Goodbye London...PSYCH!
I've had a lot of last nights in London. I've had Ben's cookies for the last time about 4 times, seen Big Ben 3 times thinking each time was the last, I've gone to church for the last time in my ward 2 times, I've packed and unpacked 2 times, and I will probably unpack again today. This process of saying goodbye to the love of my life, London, over and over again is like sticking toothpicks in my heart. Yesterday I checked my flight status over and over again. While everyone else's flights for Tuesday and Wednesday have been cancelled, mine has only been delayed for 6 hours as of right now. There is still a 10% chance that I will leave tonight. With this glimmer of hope in mind I treated last night like it was my last here. I took the tube to Big Ben, paid my respects, walked to Trufalgar Square, sat on the giant monument, and took the bus back home. It was lovely. I had my favorite frozen yogurt, Frog, in honor of the occasion. I packed, very well I might add. Everything is quite compacted. Well, here I am now, waiting. Apparently there is a new ash cloud. Apparently the airports are closed again indefinitely. Apparently my flight still isn't cancelled. He's a resilient little bugger. Now I wait. As soon as I get word I will either hail a cab to the airport or unpack and play with my friends.
My last night in London take two:

My last night in London take two:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment