Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Dear Mom, (and Family, but mostly Mom)

Thank you so much for the amazing weekend. It was just what I needed. I feel like going home and being with you and Dad is the fastest most effective way to charge my batteries. Thank you for treating me like the powerful individual you know me to be, and for not accepting anything but my best. For not giving into my stories and sad songs. I left Jerome feeling empowered, feeling like there was no question in who I am, or where I'm headed. I am a member of the Carlisle family. A beautiful young woman who is decisive, and smart in making my life decisions. I am never alone, nor am I ever left on my own. Thank you for being my support network, and for reminding me of these things. Thank you for your spiritual, emotional, and temporal support. Thank you for having a home where I can feel the spirit, and always feel this love. Thank you for raising me and for all the sacrifices you make and have made for me. Thank you for the frog eye salad, the cheezeits, the pretzels, the rice-a-roni, and the spaghetti sauce. Thank you for saving a room for me for when I come home. Thank you for being my friend. Thank you for knowing when to listen, and for giving great advice, and for letting me struggle when I need to struggle. Thank you for the way in that you and Dad show each other that you love each other. I hope that I can have a best friend like you have in each other when I grow up. You are the best mom and best friend I could ask for. I love you!

Mary

Alma 56:48 "...We do not doubt our mothers knew it."

1 comment:

Mom said...

Wow! Through my teary eyes I thank YOU for being my Mary, oldest(can't wait to join the family)daughter.
P.S. You got away with not having the shot!!!