Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Salsa Battle

The one thing that I know how to make as good as Momma makes it is Salsa. I can replicate her salsa exactly. I take great pride in this. For some reason it came up in conversation with some fellow ward members. One young man decided to tell a nice boy named Choco that I talked smack and claimed that I could make the best salsa in the world or something. Choco approached me and we set up a time for a battle of the salsas to see who's was best. It was official. Choco is from Mexico and I really didn't think I had a chance, but it was too late to back out. Pride dictated that I should back out before I lost, but something made me follow through. Turns out I did lose... bad... but I'm convinced that judging was flawed although we had a very complicated system. Each judge was randomly selected from a group of applicants. They then were blindfolded as they sampled each salsa, rating it on a scale from 1-10, and finally cleansing their palate between each one with a piece of tortilla. My roommates still liked my salsa best. So there.

The Salsa

The Judges

Choco Himself