Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Hot Dang
I almost died tonight. So there I was, in the hot tub with the cool rain falling oh so softly on my face. Lets face it, I got hot in the hot tub. So hot I thought I was going to puke or something. There was the pool...screaming my name...beckoning for me to test its waters. I should have considered the fact that it has been snowing, or that they just barely uncovered the pool last week, or that there was a sign saying "pool closed". None of these initial warning signs let on to how cold the water would turn out to be. I gave in to the sirens of fun and darted from the hot hot tub and plunged into the pool only to find it was cold cold cold. Like ice water cold. And I couldn't really breathe in it, and I kind of panicked and lets just say its a miracle I found the side of the pool and pulled myself out! I returned to the hot hot tub and my body kind of felt like I was being cruel to change its temperature at such a rapid rate. I'm sure there something in a book somewhere that warns against such frivolity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mary!!!! That book equals me. . . Basically you're lucky you're not paralyzed!
I knew terrible things would happen if I stayed in the library all night.
Post a Comment