Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

What some may consider a slightly boring update.

This week my senses are at a stand still. You realize you’re a lucky duck when you start comparing castles, and giant national gardens to each other. J Here is what this week has entailed:

Monday- Class, and homework. At night I saw a play, War Horse. It was black beauty meets air bud. I almost cried because I just wanted to go home, and it was three hours long or more. I just am heartless I guess, I don’t like shows of any shape or size when Horses are immortalized.

Tuesday- Nature walk. We went on a traditional walk through the English countryside. It was 9.6 miles. I love the green! PM. I saw the play 39 Steps, an Alfred Hitchcock spoof. I smiled a lot during it. The acting was brilliant, and we got good seats.

Wednesday- Day Trip! First stop, Stourhead gardens, where they filed the Pride and Prejudice scene in the Kiera Knightly version where Mr. Darcy confesses his love. Sigh. Then We went to Jane Austen’s house, where she lived in the olden days. Then we went and saw where she was buried, and I got to hear the choir practicing in the Wentworth cathedral. Heavenly. PM. Crashed.

Today, it is a school day. I have classes for eternity, and then I have to study a bunch. Today, tomorrow, and Saturday must be school days. For alas, I have two midterms to take, a paper to write, and a novel to finish.

General things about London life:

It is cold here. To the bone. However, the sun has been out for the past week! Its like an old friend is visiting.

I weighed myself at the mall yesterday. Good news! According to what it said I’m going to be continuing my chocolate consumption rate.

This place feels so very familiar it is scary.

I’m going to Paris next week.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Gram B said...

I felt that way after being there a week. I think it is in your blood.