Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Paris Top 10 in no particular order.

1. Eiffel Tower. It sticks up far about the city, and sparkles on the hour at night when it is all lite up. It is magical! At had heard it was overrated, but it wasn't. It was way cooler than I thought it would be, especially from the top. The long line was totally worth the wait for the breathless view it provided of the city.
2. River Cruise along the Seine. We sat along the side of a boat and went on a cruise up the river while the tower sparkled and we were serenaded by a french tunes. Before the ride I liked Paris, but afterward I loved Paris.
3. The Louvre. This goes not only on my highlights of the trip list, but on the highlights of my life list. I am so in love with art, and this is the museum of all museums. I saw the Mona Lisa, the Raft of the Medusa, so many other incredible things. I went to some other museums as well, and loved them just as much. Degas is my new favorite.
4. I had life-changing ice cream. I had some one day, and the next day we went back and had it twice more. It was beautiful in both presentation and flavor. I can never eat Western Family again...
5. I got to imagine the hard life of Quasimodo. Poor guy had to walk up 1000 stairs every day!!! I am sore we walked so much. I'm actually going walking shoe shopping today. My converse didn't hold up for me sadly. There were so many things that you could climb up and get a great view of the city.
6. People french kiss all the time in France.
7. I got winked at by a guy on a motorcycle. Luckily I had bodyguards.
8. Paris smells different than any other city I've been to.
9. Did I mention I loved crepes?????
10. It was warm! I didn't have to wear a jacket and got sun kissed. Just what the doctor ordered.

Pictures!

I saw someone get pickpocketed. I was paranoid the whole time but came out victorious with all my possessions. I appreciated this very informative warning poster at the top of the Eiffel Tower.

Chartres Cathedral. One of my favs. It was fun to recognize it from art history class.
On top of the Royal Arch, a HUGE monument to Napoleon.

This photo doesn't do any justice to this glass in Notre Dame. It is my favorite window ever, with a really pretty light blue color.

On top of the Triumphal Arch
On the top of Notre Dame.


Disclaimer: I took all these pictures, so that means my eyes have seen these pretty things in real life. I wanted to clear up any speculation that might arise due to their prettiness. Also, excuse my lack of French skills and my translating the names of important monuments into English.

3 comments:

Becca said...

At Notre Dame, did you get to see the Hunchback?

Did he fall in love with you? Did you become best friends with him and fall in love with a soldier? Are you a gypsy? Is your name Esmerelda? Just curious...

The Greens said...

SO um that smell that you love.. Its Urine. to put it nicely, People in France used to pee on the side of buildings. They still might. You still love the smell? haha.
Glad you are having fun, and western family was never that good of ice cream to being with.
P.S. the next time a guy winks at you.. wink back!
love you!

mom said...

I know we already discussed the raw beef...I'm still jealous. I just don't get how there you are cultured and sophisticated if you eat tartar, but here you're unwise! Arrgh! And your pictures ARE wonderful. So I have a question...If you were going to go to europe on a not tour for say, 2 weeks. Would you stay in one place to know it well, or go to several places a little more quickly? Love your updates, and love you!
Mom