Je ne parle pas Francias. Meaning: I don't speak French.
This is what I learned this week in Paris. Also, I learned that crepes in France are way beyond crepes people try to make in frying pans. So are all the pastries you can find in little french bakeries. Mmmmm. France= Good food. IF you stay away from real live food. The actual main dishes seem to required a mature palate. I ordered something interesting. The waiter said it was thinly sliced marinated beef. I thought that there was nothing strange about that, so I ordered it. It turns out I was wrong to assume that the beef would be cooked. Raw beef doesn't sit too well with me. Enough said about that. After that authentic cultural experience I stuck to crepe stands and pastry shops.
More to come...
2 comments:
The Crepes are always safe, and definitly better in Paris.
oh and be careful of any place that gives you mounds of french fries. Oh man, we had some interesting "american" food in those places. Did you get to try some mousse? I've never had anything like that outside of Paris, either.
Post a Comment