Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Shakespeare is dead.

Warwick Castle, I got put in the stocks. How embarassing. This was a very touristy castle, unfortunatly it was cold, so most everything was closed. It was very magical still. It looked like the Disney castle. Since the discovery that I am a muggle, I though maybe I'm a princess who was captured at birth. I didn't kiss any frogs or anything, but I did try throwing my hair over the edge of the castle. I called out in hopes a prince would hear me and climb up to my rescue...and nothing happened.


The magic continued, as I came across a peacock farm. They are everywhere in England it seems like! They were in this little garden, just wandering about. This pond pictured, was gross and murky as you may notice. It was filled with gross peacock fuzzies and who knows what else. I might have accidentally put my finger into it and then licked my finger for a dare. I got £2. Don't worry, I'm still alive and it is a week later.



The last half of the day was devoted to the life and love of William Shakespeare. We saw Anne Hathaway's cottage, his birthplace, and some other house that he didn't even live in but has a sign sucking tourists in. The highlight was seeing his grave. It was way more simple than I would have guessed. You had to pay to see it though.

Here is Anne's Cottage
May he rest in peace.

1 comment:

Gram B said...

So I am assuming from post that the Madame Tusseau tableaus were not available for viewing at Warwick Castle. That is too bad, they were very fascinating, and they looked so real. Maybe next time.