This weekend I was a volunteer at MDA summer camp. It is a camp for kids ages 6-17 who have any form of muscular dystrophy. These kids are too cute for words, but also very fragile. I was all ready to give my week up for these kids, to play hard so that they could have a great time. I had all my costumes, water guns, coloring books, sun screen and bug spray all packed up. I drove to camp as soon as work was over, sat through 5 hours or so of orientation and training, and finally found myself sitting alone in my room unpacking for the week. It was kind of lonely in there. A text message broke the silence. It was a message from a friend in the ward. Apparently there is a reported case of H1N1, or "swine flu" in my ward. Apparently it is my good friend Shelly's roommate. Apparently at this point I was frreaking out, remembering how I had just eaten at her house a few days prior. After calling to make sure that these guys weren't just yanking my chain, I realized they probably didn't want these cute kids exposed to this crazy media crazed swine flu. I walked down the long long long hallway, and turned myself in. The adult leaders had really worried expressions as I explained that I had just found out there was a possibility I had been exposed to swine flu. At first they were going to put me in the infirmatory over night to think about it, but then they real quick like changed their mind. The camp director escorted me out of the building.
For you worried persons, allow me to let you know that I personally feel fine. Also, I was with Shelly the day before she actually experienced symptoms, so there is a good chance I missed the contagious time frame. Also, I'm not going to work since I already took it off, and I'm sure they don't want to risk it either.
2 comments:
Um maybe we should wait a few days before Dave works on your foot.
Um... are you okay Chica??? Please bless that you don't have swine flu.
Post a Comment