Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Talent Show

I was in my very second talent show this week. The first one was in sixth grade. I played the piano while my friend Nikki sang a song. So it really was her talent. But this time it was just me, all by myself. In front of my whole entire ward. It was something I did because I knew it would be good for me to work on overcoming my strong dislike of performing. So there I was, in front of everyone, just me and my guitar. I sang a song I wrote last semester called "Envy." Most people call it the Lunch Lady song. I pretended like I was a natural up there, and only had to take one quick stop because my leg was shaking so hard I couldn't play the guitar. But I think I pulled it off. :) I am not afraid of performing I decided. Its just that my body detests it and has natural reactions that some might say are signs of fear, but I think they are just natural reactions meaning too hot to handle or something. I am proud of myself. And I know my mom would be proud of me too. :) I'm growin up!
This is a picture of me right after. I wanted to always remember my first real talent show.

9 comments:

Mom said...

Your mother IS proud of you!

jennifer said...

yay!!!! I love that song! Kinsey and I were singing it the all finals week long! I'm so proud of you Mary, you're my hero!

Joseph A said...

Mary, you're pretty cool.

Joseph A said...

Oh, and I want to hear the song sometime.

Joseph A said...

Won't that be fun?

Joseph A said...

Maybe at the reunion?

the author said...

Are those BRAVE pants you're wearing?

And it will be fun to hear that song at the reunion.

Emmilie said...

MARY!! I'm so proud of you! You are SO BIG! haha. No but really, that's awesome. Way to overcome a fear. I heart you. And your song-writing skills. Amen. And I love you. Amen.

Erin said...

ooooo, I would have loved to see you perform! I bet you did amazing. Too bad someone didn't video tape it.