I am a poor college student with limited food supply at the end of this semester. Mainly because there are only two weeks left, I'm living out of cans I took from my parents food storage. I was wanting tomato soup, but I didn't have bread to make a sandwich. Tomato soup alone doesn't do it for me. I need some more substance to it. So I looked online for recipes and found a really good one. Its really easy, and really delicious. It reminded me of my mom's cooking if you know what I mean...
Sidenote- I just ate this without the tortillas and it wasn't so good. The tortilla strips and cheese made the dish.
Taco Soup- Thats what they call it. I think its more like tortilla soup.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Serves: 2
Ingredients:
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
1 cup milk- Borrowed from a roommate is fine
2 tbsp. (or to taste) taco seasoning mix
1 small jar green chiles
Tortilla chips- Instead of these I cut two corn tortillas into squares and heated them up until they were crispy. SO GOOD!
Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Directions:
Heat soup, milk, seasoning mix and chilies in a 2-quart suacepan over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Place about 9 crushed tortilla chips in each bowl and top each with about 1 cup soup. Top with cheese.
1 comment:
MARY!!!! I already miss you. I kept thinking you were just across the hall all morning, and I wanted to call you at lunch to see what you were doing at our house and to find out how Becca's doing. I hope you had a good day at school today. Your picture made the Trib. You won't like it, I think. I love love love you, and miss you too!
Post a Comment