Pages

Monday, December 1, 2008

My Friend Ty


Ty is my friend from high school. We shared some good times together like the time I walked 20 miles with him one night so he could get his eagle scout and he never did... :) Another occasion we were on an art field trip together. He was the only person I knew there, so we hung out. He met is sister in law at the gallery because she lived close by. She had a really cute baby with her. Ty decided I would like a chance to hold him, so he thrust him into my arms. Within moments the baby had puked all over me. I'm not talking a little spit up, I'm talking water fall. I smelled like baby puke for the rest of the trip. It was splendid.

I was Ty's editor. He was/is an amazing designer. I think I probably taught him everything he knew. Or at least a third of it. Maybe its an eighth now. Ty also got his drivers license before me although he is a grade younger. I guess only two months younger though. It feels like way more. The moral is, it was fun to be his friend. We shared special moments in the alcove. We desinged beautiful things together. We collected millions of pennies for penny wars with the help of our friend Adam. I think I promised to marry him one day, but I took it back. I feel bad for being so honest, but I think he'll be ok with it. :) Another funny thing, his whole family was convinced that we were in love. It wasn't really true. I was just nice and walked great lengths for Ty. I will miss him as he serves his mission in Italy. My he return with honor, and may he never forget the times we shared. The end.

1 comment:

Ty Pilcher said...

...I don't know what to say. Really though... half of it was extremely nice, and the other half I hate you for. Just kidding, I truly do love you Mary. Just don't tell my family... Thanks for this.