http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-947-26,00.html
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Torn Heart
Sometimes I wonder a lot. Sometimes it hurts to think. I've said so many goodbyes in the past year. Each time it seems like my heart tears a little. Each time I ask myself, was it worth it? Is it worth it to keep starting fresh, loving new people only to say goodbye? Lucky for me, families can be together forever. Lucky for me. One thing I know is that this pain can be turned around into gratitude. I'm grateful I have loved enough for it to hurt to say goodbye. I'm grateful that my life has been enriched by these meaningful relationships. And I know that I will be blessed with the strength to do it again. To open up again, rather than bury myself away from the potential pain as well as inexpressible joy that comes with each person who walks into my life. President Monson expresses it better than I ever can, and the importance of loving and living today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment