Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Writer's Block/Phobia

For some strange reason I have been paralyzed with the fear of posting anything on the internet. I don't update my status on Facebook, I have never really used Twitter, I only had Instagram on my phone for two weeks back in December, and since it's birth in 2007 my blogging has come halting to a sporadic, irregular, and infrequent posting schedule. So in not knowing what to write to break this terrible spell, I decided I'll just write about not knowing what to write about and see what happens.

I suppose I could just write a general update of my life.

In the past six months, here are some of the things, exciting or not, that have happened:

  • I finished the English teaching classes in one piece.
  • I passed the Praxis with flying colors!
  • I got engaged to my love, Andrew John Bates.
  • I planned a wedding.
  • My family and I did the Wasatch Back Ragnar, which was exciting.
  • I went to Idaho a few times, once for the infamous Atkinder family reunion.
  • I went hiking lots.
  • I turned 24 years old.
  • I read a bunch of books.
  • I rearranged the furniture in my room, and started a countdown until the day when I no longer have to sleep on a bunk bed. I am 24 years old, and I sleep on a bunk bed! This troubles me, but there are only a few more weeks of this.
  • I went to 7 Peaks once, and plan to go at least 5 more times before school starts back up.
  • I got the keys to my new classroom, and a badge that says, "Mrs. Bates" on it. 
  • I watched a season of Boy Meets World on Youtube with Andrew, who I swear has already seen every episode and always knows what's going to happen before it happens. 
  • I spent way too much time at the library. 
  • I went on a few adventures with Andrew--including hunting down a ghost town out past Eureka, Utah. We met a miner man there named Warren, and he was awesome. If you do a google image search for "miner man" or anything like that, I swear a picture of him comes up. He had a long white beard, old worn overalls, a hat, a truck, and leathery skin.It was a pleasure to make his acquaintance. 
Well, here goes my first effort to overcome my fear of social media! #yolo


1 comment:

Becca said...

It's about time.
Thanks for the update ;)
You're the bomb.com
#hashtag
Loves.