In summary, I am becoming one of "those" people. Here I am, counting down where people can see how excited I am. Please forgive me if you find "those" people annoying!
Tuesday, July 16, 2013
One of Those People
Up until this point in my life, I have been a social media minimalist. I do my fair share of stalking people on Facebook, but besides that, I'd say I'm pretty much nonexistent in the social media world. This is especially true when it comes to updating statuses. I just don't do it. If I do it is usually about cookies or Diet Coke. As I scroll through my FB news feed, I always have been one to roll my eyes at the countdown-to-wedding posts, or the baby poop updates that seem to dominate. Especially the baby poop ones. You'd be surprised how many people find it necessary to detail their child's digestive system on the World Wide Web. Anyway, back to the wedding countdowns, I have always mocked them a little bit in my head. I feel bad about this. Especially now that I have a better idea of what those people were going through at the time of their posting as I find myself 18 days away from marriage, and time has never gone by more slowly. I swear, it feels like August 3 will never come. But I see married people all around me for whom the day obviously arrived for, so I know that it will come for me too. I'm just thrilled that my future as Mrs. Bates is just around the corner, and thrilled we get to be together forever. f-o-r-e-v-e-r.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment