Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

I can't resist.

I just can't help myself- I wanted to abstain from doing a typical "this is what I did this year" post, but here I go!

2012:
  • Completed my 5th year of college, 4th year at BYU Gross. I also completed my minor in Business Management and started my teaching certification program.
  • Successfully passed 3 kidney stones, involving my first hosiptal trip
  • Ran my first Half-Marathon
  • Finished my first (and possibly last) Marathon
  • Visited or drove through Nevada, California, Idaho, Kentucky, Minnesota, Ohio, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Tennessee and Missouri
  • Worked 9 weeks straight of EFY and made some new really cool friends
  • Earned the lowest grade that I've ever received. (B-) I was hoping for a C, just for the experience
  • Participated as a Groomsman at my friend Bryan's wedding. I even wore a tie
  • Married off 2 more roommates/best friends
  • Joined my first intramural team. It was kickball, which is my second favorite sport
  • Planned and helped to execute 12 ward break-the-fast functions, (not single-handed)
  • Read 45 books (ish). My favorite for the year 2012 was The Book Theif.
  • Orchestrated some neat parties with my roommates including one with gallons and gallons of homemade ice cream
  • Arrived at my 23rd year of my mortal existence
  • Developed self-discipline to have my nails painted without obsessively chipping all the paint off
  • Learned how to knit
  • Held 3-4 babies, and liked it.
  • Tried snowboarding for the first time, got some gnarly bruises, but had a great time
  • Acquired Steve, the 1990 Toyota Corolla with over 300,000 miles and no working odometer or speedometer, for the small price of buying Becca and Jamo Cafe Rio. They are the best.
  • Discovered the joys of edamame
  • Quit drinking (diet coke, most of the time)
  • Joined the gym (again)
  • Fell in love with Yogurtland, Passion Pit, riding bikes on the river trail, The Game of Things,  City Creek, uglier sweaters, extensive people watching, making pizza, and drinking water.
As far as New Year's resolutions are concerned, I evaluated the level to which I achieved last year's goals and concluded that for me, monthly goals are better. Or quarterly. I'm just not good at the whole year commitment thing I guess. So I've resolved to not really make resolutions this year except one: run two half marathons in the year 2013. Maybe I'll think of another attainable, relevant goal for the year but for now I'm going to zero in on making monthly goals.

No comments: