This semester all of my classes are focused on how to teach English. This means that I just get to spend all day in class learning effective and interesting ways to teach content, which is uber fun. In my writing class yesterday we all wrote
Six Word Memoirs, which you can see examples of
here. The main idea is exactly what it sounds like, to write a personal memoir for yourself, using only six words. Each member of my class wrote one, and then my professor pasted our collective memoirs into this neat website,
Tagxedo.com, which turns words into word clouds with the size of each word correlating to the number of times a word is mentioned in a particular passage or website. It was interesting to see what the class memoir would say. For those curious, my personal memoir was, "
I dress from my socks, up."
I decided it would be interesting to make a Tagxedo cloud for my blog and see what writing topic trends or words I subscribe to. My number one word was "really". I'm not sure what to think about this. Here is my final product, after editing for typos and really boring words that I didn't think should count (you'll notice that "really" isn't there.)
 |
| Click to expand for the full effect. You know you want to. |
Apparently according to this I am obsessed with the concept of time as shown by several of the words, and also the philosophical business of thinking and feeling and all that stuff.
In summary: I love* English, six word memoirs and cool things like Tagxedo.
*note, the things I love are not limited to this list
2 comments:
okay this is really cool. REALLY cool.
Mary, you just changed my life with tagxedo. And, I like your memoir :)
Post a Comment