Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday night at the gym.

WARNING: this post is not very exciting or interesting.

Tonight I went to the gym at approximately 8 pm. You might be asking, "why would a girl as cool as you spend her Friday night at the gym?" Well, I've been super busy and it was actually the gym time I had. I ran, and it felt good. While running on a treadmill, watching Harry Potter 6, I couldn't help but people watch. There was only one other man on the cardio machines with me. Everyone else was lifting weights. There are only 3 types of people who go to the gym on occasions such as Friday nights. I will categorize them for you in order of total number of people represented (from least to greatest).

3. The smallest group of people included girls like me, just blowing off some stress, sweatin it out. Who knows what the motives of this group are. They are not regular Friday night gym attendees.
2. Married people. This is the night when they are in highest attendance at the gym, more than any other night. I suppose it is probably a favorite date night activity (low cost, and you're at least getting out of the house?)
1. The group that had the strongest presence happened to be single white males- quite muscular, and wearing sleeveless shirts so they could better see their muscles in the mirror.

1 comment:

Abby said...

As a married woman, I can attest that going to the gym does constitute as a date night. Pathetic? Maybe! Cheap? Heck Yes!