Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Magical Room of Requirement

I have always dreamed of being a student at Hogwarts. Alas, the Owl from Dumbledore has never come. Its is a little depressing to look back on all those hours I wasted waiting by the fireplace or the mail slot for the blessed acceptance letter. Well, I had a realization today. There is one element of the campus here at BYU that is like Hogwarts, the room of requirement- the girls bathrooms. I am amazed every time I enter into one of the bathrooms on campus. They are magical indeed, and seem to expand to fit the needs of the users. For instance, on the fourth floor of the Harold B. Lee Library, there is a bathroom with a huge room attached that is larger than the actual bathroom part of the bathroom. This room is carpeted, with large mirrors, and leather couches! The couches are new, replacing some old ones that were there. These magical bathrooms are scattered through out the entire school. Upon entering you may find nursing mothers, people taking naps, people talking on their cell phones, eating lunch, or even doing homework. Personally, I haven't taken advantage of these rooms for any of the purposes above, I still find it odd to hang out in the bathroom. Nevertheless, its cool that if I wanted a hide out or something, I would totally have a place to do it. But for the record, I won't ever eat in there. That is gross. Even if it is a separate looking room...some people these days...By anyways, who knows, maybe at the end of the world when it is the last battle between good and evil, we can use these secret bathrooms as hideouts for God's Army, just like Dumbledore's Army...Don't be surprised.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Thanks for blogging again! I feel like I'm getting a secret peek into your life! I love you Mary,
Mom

the author said...

I wanted a MRoR when I was doing college. There were so many times I needed to sleep between classes... Lucky you!!!