Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Dream List

In the summer of 2003 I went to EFY for the first time. Our session director was a man from New York city. Something he taught has stuck with me. Well the gist of it anyways. I came away thinking I could accomplish anything. He encouraged us to make a list of our dreams, and to live to accomplish them. As a 13 year old getting ready to begin high school, I took what he said very seriously. I made a list, and I have kept it in the back of my mind for the past seven years, and especially these past few weeks. I got the list out today, and laughed a little, but was also surprised at how many of the dreams I've already accomplished, or am on the path to accomplish. Here's the list word for word, Don't laugh.-
  • Attend West Point
  • Shake the hand of the Prophet
  • Learn to do a backbend from standing
  • Be a lifeguard
  • Know the scriptures like the back of my hand
  • Write and publish a book
  • Have a beautiful home
  • To be an accomplished artist
  • Know many languages
  • Go to England (*two weeks!)
  • Go to Disneyland
  • Visit exotic places
  • Return to him
  • Be a mom
  • Go through at least 4 years of college
  • Go through Beauty School
  • Get nothing lower than an A- (this will never happen, and I'm ok with it.)
  • Be a lunch lady
  • Live in New York
  • Be 120 yrs old
  • Be a garbage man* (I counted being a middle school janitor for this one)
  • Be on a high school sports team
  • Own a light green VW Bug*
  • Be like Sister Smith
  • Be an Astronaut, Visit the moon
  • Marry in the temple
  • Never divorce
  • Work as a cashier*
  • Work at a place that makes sandwiches
  • Own a tank full of tropical fish
  • Rebel jk*
  • Be totally and completely satisfied with me*
  • Touch someone's life
  • Help to convert someone
  • Fly in a hot air balloon
  • Fly a plane
*these dreams have already happened to some extent, or at least enough for me to be satisfied with it.

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

Mary, you can mark off the one about touching someone's life . . . because you certainly have touched mine!

Awww, sentimental!

Anyway, I love you. Merry Christmas!

Emmilie said...

I heart you.