Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Popcorn Party in the USA

Serious about popcorn.
Mmmmgood.

Yay! Popcorn!
I looked out the window and what did I see? A popcorn party just for you and me.

Last night I accidentally told a lot of people the same thing- "We should do something fun tonight! I'm sure the gang will be doing something great. I'll let you know!" Unfortunately, I frankly had no idea what anyone was doing, and I honestly hadn't heard of anything going on. I just knew a bunch of people who wanted to do something...or anything really. So that meant I felt some pressure to deliver. Luckily, I have creative friends who helped me brainstorm a list of fun Friday night ideas. The list was quite eclectic- ranging from finger painting with pudding to making a fort to stalking people with lives who were on dates. After much deliberation and careful voting, we decided to have a popcorn party. In case you're unaware, a popcorn party means that you make way more popcorn than you can ever eat, in every flavor you could ever imagine.

Thanks to our good friend google we uncovered a dozen or so really interesting recipes all involving popcorn. A trip to the store and $15 dollars later we were on our merry way to buttery popcorn bliss.

Gooey Caramel Popcorn
Pineapple Pleasure Popcorn This was a crowd pleaser- and the biggest surprise in a good way. I highly recommend it.
Chocolate Marshmallow Popcorn
Nuts about Peanut Butter Popcorn
Barbeque Popcorn
Mmua Italiano Popcorn
Cinnamon Sugar Delight Popcorn
Rancheritto Popcorn- This was my personal savory favorite.
Taco Mexicano Popcorno

Yes, we made all these kinds of popcorn, and yes we ate too much. But each and every calorie was a calorie filled with love.

2 comments:

Adrian & Maddison said...

Okay, you forgot to make Almond Bark Popcorn, which by far beats any you ever made. Basically, you buy Almond Bark, melt it, put the popped popcorn into a big paper bag, pour the melted Almond Bark into the bag, and then shake it up. Delicious and not nutritious. : ) but I will not down grade your other popcorns, which I am sure were also delicious. The end.

jesse said...

Man, I was so bummed I missed most of this. The pictures look amazing, and saucy...