I feel as though someone held me by my big toes, and dipped me into a vat of itching powder in my sleep. All day today and yesterday my back, shoulders, arms, ears, and nose have been itching like crazy! I discovered that it is just a result of all my skin falling off- which hopefully is just a side effect of the sunburn I received last weekend. According to my favorite and most trusted doctor, Medicine.net, some possible causes for skin peeling include: other causes may be
- Athlete's Foot
- Burns (First Aid)
- Dandruff (Seborrhea)
- Eczema
- Hyperhidrosis
- Kawasaki Disease
- Psoriasis
- Sunburn (Sun Poisoning)
Some other causes that I don't understand, therefore fear greatly include:
- Bacterial Infections
- Erythroderma (Exfoliative Dermatitis)
- Fungal Infections
- Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
- Vitamin A Toxicity (Hypervitaminosis A)
The good news folks is that I'm 99% sure it was just the sunburn that did it, seeing as I'm 99% sure that the 5 hour hike I went on last summer was time enough to get a little fried.
*side note: the title to this post was originally "My skin is falling off, and other random things." but then I realized that that kind of sounded like other body parts were falling off or something, so I changed it. :)
1 comment:
I like your other title better :)
Post a Comment