Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Snow Day! (or week)



I should be writing my paper right now... oh well.

So on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving there was a blizzard warning or something, and travel was strongly discouraged. So I packed my bags Monday and hurried on my way. Luckily, we beat the storm. Apparently, everything shut down in Utah and Idaho. They closed down campus and everything. Ironically, from what I hear Utah really didn't see much snow. Well, in case you were wondering, this is not the case for Idaho. Not only is it freezing, but it is snowy as well. When I first got here on Monday night, the roads were covered. We had to drive super slowly. It has only gotten worse as the week passed. Today there is a lot of wind, so the snow is drifting on to the roads. I have only left the house twice this weekend, once for an emergency trip to Walmart on Thanksgiving, and once for church. Oh, I guess there was one other time when I took Emma to cheer practice. But I got the car stuck that time and the police/some girl's dad had to help push me out. Oh, and we went to town once to have dinner with our family. But that is it.

The moral of the story is there is a lot of snow here. Like three feet or something. It isn't just the pansy rumored snow like in Utah. It is legitimate. Also, the roads are closed again today, so I'm probably just never going to come back to school. I'm just going to finish out my semester via email.


1 comment:

mom said...

I'm glad you made it back safely! And benny has to bring in his soccer rebounder!