Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Tea Party

Today after class my friend Katie came up to me and asked, "Hey, do you want to go to this little art collection and then have tea at a pretty place?" I agreed even though she couldn't tell me the names of either places. You can't really go wrong in London I suppose.



On this adventure I saw this painting. It is by Fragonard, entitled The Swing. Pretty pretty. It was a very charming little house that was transformed into an art gallery, housing the Wallace Collection. We didn't get through it all, but swore we'd come back. I love love love art galleries. I would marry one if I could. This one had just as pretty a building as it had art work.

After feasting on the art, we went into this beautiful dining area and had afternoon tea. It was on the pricey end of things, but was well worth it. We had orange passion fruit herbal tea, finger sandwiches, and scones with cream. I really liked the cream. I could really understand why tea time was such a long standing tradition in England after this delightful outing.

2 comments:

Gram B said...

I love the cream too. You find in when you get home if you look real hard...

John and Allison said...

So jealous! Did you remember to drink your tea with your pinky up? haha! Miss you tons!