Here are some of the beautiful books
The Bodleian Library. I wasn't allowed to go inside. :(
We also got to see some of Christ Church from an insider's view. We had a man who just happened to be a pretty special person working there who just happened to be a member of the church hook us up with backstage passes in a way. The highlight was going to the great hall, which was where the Harry Potter movies were filmed. We actually had a tea party there! With hot chocolate actually, but still magical. The only thing missing was the floating candlesticks. I think they must have been being cleaned or something...
The Great Hall
Dr. Howe, Rachel, and Me at our Not-Tea Party
I keep on falling more in love with England, and books. Maybe this is because I am surrounded by girls, and don't remember the last time I was near enough to a potential suitor to even think about having a crush or something. Oh ya, that reminds me, lent started today. Lots of girls are giving up chocolate, candy, or even sugar all together. I think this is an absurd thing to do while in London, so I've decided to give up sex instead. This is a sacrifice I think I can make...
*Thank you Rachel Barker for the lovely pictures.
6 comments:
maybe your blog has all the same photos my blog has.
Dear Mary. I love you and your family misses you greatly. You are not allowed to move to England after this trip. However, you may marry a rich man who will take you there on a regular basis. P.S. That picture of you, Rachel, and Dr.Howe is a very very pretty capturing of you. Love, Mom
haha oh my gosh Mary! You make me laugh...about what you gave up for lent. Hilarious. Anyway, I am sooo jealous that you got to go that library! It looks beautiful.
Have fun!!!
Gealous of you actually sitting having tea in the great hall. It looks just like it did in the movies! You have made each of us here at work laugh on this friday afternoon!
Hey! I'm giving up sex too! Great sisters think very similarly. Or one just copies the other. ;)
I wish I could be at Hogwarts with you.
You must be my niece! That is exactly how I felt about England and Oxford. We didn't visit the Great Hall but the whole town made me feel that way. What a fun day. Love Crazy Anut Liz
Post a Comment