Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

Sober in a dry poor town.

I've been sober for two weeks from today. Its so hard every time I go to the grocery store to resist the urge to add a six pack to the cart. However, I know that if I start it will be hard to stop again, and its a rather expensive habit. Especially for a student on a budget. For now, I'll hold strong. Its not that I miss the chemical recation part of drinking, its the bubbly goodness. The cool, sweet feeling it has on my throat. The smell even. I'd like to give a shout out to my favorite beverage, "Dr. Pepper, you make the world taste better!"

2 comments:

The Olsens said...

I know how you feel as a student. So we now have a cold Deit Dr. Pepper waiting for you in the fridge for when you come off your dry spell.

the author said...

Hold strong!

Your wallet and your body are loving your self-restraint!