Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Guitars Unplugged/ Friends

This is in response to those of you….ahem....(Mom)...who didn't think I had friends. That's not very nice yet besides the point! I have been here in Rexburg for a whole week and a half now! It feels like way way longer though for some reason. I was thinking about how i missed my old friends and the luxury of knowing so many people when I was in high school, and It was fun to remember, yet I realized something. I had some good times, yet there is no going back. If I were to return to high school, or my old home, I would feel misplaced, and I would not really fit. I would be too old for high school, and the classes wouldn't satisfy. None of the friends I miss are there, they have all moved on too. The only way I have to go is forward. Yipee!!! I'm going to be like Nephi and be courageous! The little voice in my head, its going to sit in the back seat. I'm going to play this game of college hard, and powerfully. I can't waif tor the fun times, the stress times, and the homesick times. I guess they are all apart of the experience!
Speaking of fun times, this weekend my and my "friends" had some sweet times. We went to a get to know your dorm party on Friday night, which was fun, followed by a movie watching with Emmilie and Courtney. On Saturday, I went running in the morning around the ENTIRE campus! (it was probably a mile and a half) Then we decided to go to the big festival, Bloomberg Unplugged! We walked all the way downtown, (about a block) and checked it out. The whole function occupied a few feet.

The music really wasn’t half bad. I enjoyed that aspect of it. The rest seemed to be an excuse to hand students flyer's. They didn’t even have coupons on it. I did learn that I can in fact earn $60 a week donating plasma. I don’t think it will work out though, I can’t even think about it with out getting sick. We snapped some photos, mostly to prove that I had friends, and continued on our way.

This is me and a Key.

Three girls I just found and made stand together to pretend to know me.

We just walked around and saw the shops and such. We found a way cute bagel shop. They had a student special, 99 cents for a special drink if you are a student. I got a drink called bubble ice. If you want more details, ask. I don’t feel like explaining it. I then proceeded to a grocery store, where I bought $12.00 worth of food. Yum.

Later that night we went to a concert. It was an acappella concert. My friend Courtney and I dance and rocked out the entire time.




So fun. I’m pretty sure it was not a concert that wasn’t made for dancing. Oh well. There were some nice boys behind us that asked us to go eat pizza, but we didn’t. It was awkward. We came home and watched Step Up. Practically one of the best movies ever! So that was My weekend. I must conclude this blog, but stay tuned for more super sweet exiting stuff.
PS. Here is an updated picture of my bed, including my very lovely quilt. Thanks mommy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay Okay, I guess you DO have some friends, or at least in Rexberg people are nice about taking pictures with strangers! ;- ) I like the way you are grabbing on to the whole experience with all it's ups and downs. You're the bomb.com! (A student said that to me the other day and I had to have it explained that it was a very nice compliment...So if I AM a cool teacher I still remain somewhat clueless. What's Kristen's music assignment this week? Maybe I need that special education too! Love you Canary!
Mom

Erin said...

way to go with the positive attitude. all those adventures and good times are just out there begging you to find them. (was that too corny...sorry, but its true). It's good to see that you have friends too...oh and you should have gone to eat pizza with those guys...that might have been one of the good times that you are looking for, you never know.