Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Food fun n' games

I have only been here for the space of four days and a half, yet it feels like its been way longer. The past few days have been packed full of stuff; orientation, dances, ice cream, meeting new people, forgeting their names, getting used to my roommates, and other stuff. Its been way too much fun! I have been eating well, thanks to mi madre, and I have even cooked. Thats right. Cooked. On my own. No help. I'm growin up! Don't believe me? Well I can prove it. I took pictures.

Sunday night we baked a pudding cake. MMMM good! We took it to Emmilie's house where a bunch of people were visiting. Emmilie and I took it and ran away to her room and ate a piece. Nobody else wanted some...... or else they thought it was poisoned. They all ate Emmilie's burnt cookies though! So what if I was supposed to start the timer........


(notice lovely fashion statement)

This is my balanced meal! With veggies, and HOMEMADE almost from scratch pizza. I did my very best. It was hard without a cheese grater. I just kind of used a veggie peeler to take some chunks out of the brick o cheese. Then I put feta cheese, and sandwich meat. I liked it....it was a little gooy due to the fact that it didn't receive the whole required cooking time. The apartment was starting to smoke, so I took it out.


Another cool thing, I started class today. I have only been to one, but it seemed like it was going to be neato. I am sooooooooo excited to learn again!!!! I love this school, and I love all that there is to do here. Its basically an extension of Utah, but more Utah than Utah really is. We were looking at movies at Walmart, and a lady, obviously LDS, started helping us find a clean one we would enjoy. It caused me to chuckle. My friend and I started being sarcastic and saying we wanted a murder movie or something....we read aloud all the disturbing movie titles as if we were suggesting them. The kind lady then began suggesting scary ones. It was funny. Later at walmart, we bought Emmilie a beta. His name is Ophelia. He is gay. Don't tell the administration or he will get kicked out of the girls dorms! He'll probably drown soon anyways..................

Good things about Rexburg,

1. Jamba
2. Coldstone
3. pretty gardens
4. Everyone is attractive

Bad things about Rexburg

1. Its FREEZING!!!! (send warm clothes!!!)
2. Its FREEZING!!!!!
3. There are no Polynesians.

Thats an overview of the beginning of my story.

8 comments:

Erin said...

Oh the joys of college cooking! i think your pudding cake looks tasty. and I do like your fashion statement, i thought it was a cute outfit.

Mary said...

THANK YOU for posting pictures of you! It makes me feel like there's a little bit of you here! I'm not sure you really have any friends though. SURE you talk about them, but I've never actually seen any. Is your imaginary friend back for a visit? Love you Princess Rose Pedals!

Anonymous said...

Oops the last comment wasn't Mary.

Mary said...

I have plenty of friends... they just can't be seen in Photos.

Anonymous said...

(This is for Emmilie, it wouldn't let me post on her blog. Make sure she gets it, k?)
Emmilie!! I love you a lot a lot a lot a lot! I miss you a bunch as well!! I'm so glad you're having fun being a college student. It's so cool! You're all grown up and stuff.... :) I hope you know, I'm thinking of you. I like the fish! Love, Becca
ps. the drama club social is a pirate party, and caleb's going to be making pirate rum... i bet it's rootbeer drained through stinky socks! :|

Anonymous said...

And....Mary, I love you!! Love, Blecka.

Emmilie said...

I love you too Becca! Congrats on the musical!! I'm so proud of you!!

kipson said...

Love the pics Mary! They kind of make me miss you...a lot. It's just not the same as actually being there. I'm glad that your college life is going well though. Good luck with everything and see you soon! I love you!