Monday, April 8, 2013
Bon Appetit!
This is what I had for dinner tonight! I got distracted, talking to my roommate in another room, while my grilled cheese was grilling away. Eventually, I remembered my sandwich and made a mad dash for the kitchen. Unfortunately, I was too late--my sandwich as already more grill than cheese. In my lazy stupor, I decided that trying to salvage it via scraping off the black (aka carcinogens) was more effort than it was worth. You see, this sandwich didn't even have butter. It was only bread and cheese, nothing special, and there wasn't any soup to dip it in or anything. So I settled on drowning out the smoke flavor with ketchup, just like my dad taught me. Frankly, it could have been worse. Perhaps the worst part of this was the demoralizing aspect of it. It is hard to picture a life beyond the college years, where dinner consists of more than one person, eating something from more than one food group, that requires more than a microwave or quick pan melting. I must confess, the longer I am in this world the lazier I get. Smith's had a sale last week on Wheat Thins--if you bought 5 boxes they were only $1.77 each! So of course, I bought 5. And of course, for several nights last week my dinner consisted mainly of Wheat Thins. You can do a lot with them, if you are creative enough. I've had Wheat Thin nachos before,dipped them in a large variety of condiments, and topped them with numerous fruits and vegetables. When used wisely, they can really be a nice staple to any meal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Dad lolled. A lot! And called you a goofball. I commend you on your creativity. :-)
sick.
Post a Comment