Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Taco Bell
Today I skipped lunch. Well, I ate a yogurt and some pretzels, but that's it. We were all out of bread, so I didn't know what to bring so naturally I made a quesedilla thinking I would bring that for lunch. As I was putting the crisp hot tortilla filled with melty cheesy goodness into a plastic bag I suddenly paused as the temptation to eat it overcame me. I literally just stood there for five seconds weighing the pros and cons of eating it for a second breakfast. I talked myself into eating just half of it now, and half later, I also reasoned that it was all going to be in my stomach at some point, what difference does a few hours make? Long story short it was all gone before I got to the freeway on my way to work. :) Because of my small lunch I found myself starving after work, and yet again I searched for motivation to make something other than a quesedilla but found none. Shortly after pulling out various cans of beans even that motivation left me and I was left with hunger. What to do now? I could only see one path ahead of me, and that was the short walk to taco bell. I got $2.88 worth of food and began walking home. I barely made it as the hunger hallucinations began to grip at me. Just as I was seeing lights I ate a taco as quickly as I could. Then a chicken burrito. I know that now is the part of the story where you are awaiting the happy ending, the hunger satisfied. Well, it didn't end well. Before I was finished eating I already had various pains shooting from my stomach. I forgot that my stomach hates taco bell. It isn't going to forgive me no matter how many antacids I consume. Blast you taco bell!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
poor poor mary! I don't know how your stomach can't handle taco bell but you put hot sauce on everything..that's just crazy talk. haha
Post a Comment