Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Vegas

I went to Las Vegas this past weekend for a marketing convention again, the same fifties getup required. The moral of the weekend was, I dislike strongly the city of Las Vegas. Being on the strip and night gave me the creeps. I got very little sleep the entire weekend there was so much work to do. The entire object of my job is to make friends, and give them pie and or coffee/Jones Soda. Its great! If for the rest of my life I was required to give away pie, it wouldn't be so bad. That aspect of the weekend was exciting. People would find out we were Mormon, and it was a chance to share our beliefs with them, and share the light of Christ. They could tell there was something different about us, and I don't think it was just our clothes. :) The tricky part with getting the right look for the boss man was the hair. I went through a few really bad hair moments this weekend where I had to shower to fix it. ha. Another cool moment, we also hosted a party at the Hard Rock Cafe. That was a first for me, a first cocktail party where I was a hostess. It was fun to wear a different dress, although I really wasn't a fan of it. I got home yesterday and was so happy to be back in the bubble, shaking off the yucky feeling I had in Vegas. I take for granted the environment where I feel safe, and can feel at peace. Now I'm just recovering, resting up like my mom said so I don't get sick. My traveling days are over for a while now. If I can just find a way to get to Europe next...

Bad Hair day, but a good laugh.


Hardrock, with our waiter friends and annoying dresses.


The booth again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the hair! Very cute!! :)