Pages

Friday, October 24, 2008

Ode To Emmilie


This semester I live with one of my best friends ever from high school, Emmilie Buchanan. We go way back to the ninth grade, when she moved in. We went to the same bus stop, and we were in the same gym class. I wanted to be her friend, so I talked to her, and invited her over and we made bracelets. That was the extent of our friendship until our Jr. Year of high school or so, when we became really close. It was me, Kristen, Emmilie, and Stephanie. The four of us didn't have a whole lot in common collectively, but there were a few similarities that made our girly foursome a haven from the drama of high school. That was probably the key to our friendship, no drama. Well, graduation came and went, and we all split up into our different colleges. We swore we would stay friends forever, and we couldn't imagine our friendship ever changing. Strange looking back on it how much it has. Its the way life works I guess. Now Em and I share a room for the first time. Our differences are astounding. I don't think I have a friend who is more opposite me. Everything I like it seems, Emmilie passionately hates and vice versa. Its comical actually. Nevertheless, I'm so grateful to have her in my life despite our differences. She's always there for me when I'm down. She's a great listener, and she is so happy for me when I'm happy. This blog is a celebration of or differences, and a reminder of what we share in common.

Things we have in common-

1. A deep love for ice cream
2. A love of summer
3. Pride and Prejudice
4. A love of the Gospel
5. A passion for music
6. A tendency to be insane at times
7. Double stuff oreos
8. We like to write
9. We like to make fun times
10. We can both talk till we drop

What's cool about Emmilie, that I don't find in myself,
1. Em loves politics and knowing whats going on in the world.
2. Em is extrovert all the way. Pretty much the friendliest person I've ever met. Her ability to make new friends astounds me.
3. Em likes celery and other crunchy things.
4. Em likes movies and stories that make her think, no matter the ending.
5. Em likes hot chocolate. mmm.

I love you Emmilie and hope we are friends forever!

1 comment:

Emmilie said...

I love you so mcuh Mary!! I know that we will be peeps for life. I am so glad that this semester has allowed us to get to know each other even better, and celebrate the things that make us unique! You are truly my best friend, and I can't imagine going through everything that has happened without you! You are so amazing and I love you to death! (Does this sound like a yearbook signing yet??) LOVE!!!