Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Conference

I had the opportuinity to attend conference this year. It was my first time ever actually going! A few of my friends came down and stayed at my house for the weekend. It was basically a giant slumber party. For Saturday we decided to go standby, however we got tickets by sending out people with signs. If you stand on the street corner and look nice enough people will give you their extra tickets. We actually got really nice seats. It was amazing to be able to be there for the solemn assembly and stand to sustain the prophet. I am a lucky duck! Another really neat thing happened when we went to the Sunday afternoon session. One of my favorite apostles just happens to be Elder Bednar, and I just happened to have a question about prayer and guess what! He spoke on that topic1 It was such a tender mercy. The moral of this story is I love conference, I love the prohpet and the apostles and I love the Lord. I also loved spending one last weekend with the amazing friends that I made. I'm saddened at times that our time is over, but I know more opportunities await me here at home. :}

2 comments:

Gram B said...

Sorry we missed you. We were at the Sunday morning. I enjoy your stories. Anut Liz

Jaime said...

I'm so glad you had a neat experience. I love going to conference too. So are you home or working in san fran? Looks like you've had a ball at school. We'll have to come over and visit (if you're home that is).