Yesterday I abstained from makeup. I think this is the first day I have ever gone to school wearing not even a little makeup. And guess what?! I loved it! Ironically I felt prettier than usual. I met a friend in the quad in between classes. As she was walking towards me she shouted, "Mary! You're not blond anymore! You dyed your hair!" In response I chuckled quietly to myself and said, "No, actually I didn't. I didn't brush it today either." More than just this friend mistook my naked face for a change in hair color. Funny. I wonder if it is just because the eye makeup makes the contrast between my hair color and face more drastic?
All in all, this was a great abstinence exercise. I hope to do it more regularly. Also, I feel like I should admit that I only made it the whole DAY, not necessarily the night as well....
2 comments:
JOIN ME IN MINIMALIST MARCH! minimal makeup. i'm lovin it.
You are a courageous soul! :-)
Post a Comment