Lately, I've been thinking a lot about my heritage, specifically the women I am descended from. I don't have to look far to see beautiful exemplars of what it means to be charitable, loving, forgiving, hardworking, faithful, and selfless. These women truly are disciples of Christ, always looking for ways that they can help those around them. To me, they beautifully illustrate, and have illustrated this scripture throughout their lives:
For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. -Matthew 25: 35-40
 |
| Mary Simpson Nelson |
 |
| Thora Kofoed Nelson |
 |
| Mary Nelson Atkin |
 |
| Laura Lee Atkin Carlisle |
 |
| Mary Christine Carlisle |
I'm grateful to have such examples on both sides of my family, and for all their love, support, and charity. I wanna be as cool as these ladies when I grow up!
1 comment:
I want to be as cool as those ladies, too, and I'm not even descended from them. And I want to be as cool as you. :)
Post a Comment