Today I feel like a homemaker. I went grocery shopping, and pretty much only got raw vegetables. I also got a giant bag of chicken. I really wanted to get the kind that was pre-grilled, and pre-sliced. But it was $7.00 for 1 lb. So I got the regular kind and got creative. This is where I really felt like a mom or something- I grilled the giant bag tonight on a George Foreman, and sliced it, and re-froze it. I also bought a real live plant today. I'm not sure what kind it is, but it is an inside plant. This plant's purpose is to serve as a test to see if I can have babies someday. If I can keep a plant alive, then someday, I can probably try to keep a baby alive. The plant's name is Jessica.
This semester I really lucked out. All my roommates are super clean and tidy. We have NO clutter! Yippee! and there are at least two other people who love clorox wipes as much as I do. This could be a good thing... or a bad thing really. A bad thing only because it feeds my slight obsessive compulsive disorder. Only slightly.
I don't want to be misleading at all, grilling chicken was really the pinnacle of my homemaking shenanigans. For the two whole weeks I've been in Provo I've had the same thing to eat every day. Cereal for breakfast, PB&J for dinner, and a quesedilla for dinner. I'm going to work on the whole balanced diet thing.
5 comments:
Do you have both a PB&J and a Quesadilla for dinner?
You make me laugh, Mary. Don't worry...I can't keep a plant alive but I have managed to (somehow) keep 3 kids alive. They're young yet, though... :)
Funny Story Mary...my college diet was a lot less balanced than yours (try chips and Pace all day, every day) and this if I ate at all.
My mom used to say, "you can't do that...someday your body is going to have babies and it needs good nutrition now".
So you can practice with your plant...and get your body ready at the same time. Don't worry, I will call your parents and tell them to get ready to pay for the reception...that is, unless you are planning on going it alone (not something I would recommend!)
hahah I go through Clorox wipes so quickly! I use them for everything!
I'm Flattered you named your plant after me & Jess Jones :) Good luck keeping her alive. - Maybe don't wipe her down with Clorox wipes - just water will do.
Post a Comment