Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hot Librarian


When I grow up, I want to be a hot librarian. You know, like Marian, madame librarian. I will know I've arrived when I have a musical written about me. I just ordered the perfect glasses for the role, so I'm off to a good start. Starting next week, I will begin my job at the Harold B. Lee library. I work in the Periodicals, aka Heaven. This is a dream come true. For some reason, I have a passion for the library that most people don't quite understand. I wasn't able to put my reasoning in words, but President Hinckley sure did a great job. He said, "Of all the wonderful buildings that we have on this campus, none, I believe, is as important as the library. A library is the very heart and substance of a university." The library represents the potential everyone has. It is the gateway to all knowledge and learning. This potential makes me so excited and giddy. It's just so incredible all that there is to learn about in the world.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Congrats on your Dream Job Mary. You are the hottest Librarian I know.