There are many pressing issues on my mind that this given moment. The date is the 14th of September. The time is 9:39 PM. I am in the library at a table facing east. The beautiful but oh so confusing words of William Wordsworth are before me. A pink highlighter to my right, my shiny silver cell phone to my right. It is in this setting that I list my concerns for the moment:
1. I'm taking freshman English this semester. It is easy as cake. We had to write a short paper to show our teacher what skills we had, and let him know how we would like to be graded and stuff. We got the papers back today, and all he wrote on it was, "It looks like this assignment was easy for you, so there's really no way I can help you improve right now. We'll see if I can give you pointers later in the class." Nice. Why am I in this class? Because it is required of all English majors. The two AP Englishes classes I had don't count, nor does it matter that I've already taken advanced writing. Another concern, today this teacher wore baggy jeans studded with gold sparkles.
2. I love school! I love my classes, I love studying English. I've officially declared as an English Teaching Major and although this means I have three years left of school, I'm excited.
3. I wasn't completely honest in #2. It's more of a frustrated relationship. I love learning, but I haven't ever felt myself stretched quite as much as I have this semester, and it's only been three weeks. I'm already in the library more that I am at my apartment. To cope with the work load, I chew bubblegum. Sugar free so my teeth don't rot, but it is a small dose of happy.
4. No hablo espanol. Enough said. This morning my professor surprised us with a pop quiz on last nights reading. I got 1/5. That is failing. Whatev. He said, "Well class, this should be good motivation for you all to do your reading!" I said, "But what if we failed, and we did our reading?" He thought it was a joke I guess, as he just chuckled.
5. I saved the craziest for last: On Friday I hit the submit button on an application to study in London for the winter 2010 semester. This would be a dream come true, but I'm not sure it is really the right time to do it. Also, it costs $10,000. Surprisingly, I haven't inherited this money yet, so perhaps it will be better for me to wait on this dream. Regardless, I'm proud of myself for applying.
5 1/2. I like my new ward. I'm the FHE mom which means I get to boss people just like old times. Also, I get to play the piano at ward prayer, which will be good use of the billions of dollars my parents put into my lessons.
5 comments:
I heart you.
Hooray for three more years of school!
You're doing just fine~!
I can't believe your English professor. That makes me angry. But good job being so smart he can't help you. :)
I like you
Post a Comment