Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Everyday life.

Sometimes I am stumped when I try come up with stuff to write about. I don't feel particularly clever or insightful lately. Nor do I have cute kids to post pictures of. Nor do I go on huge adventures and stuff. But for the sake of history I shall record a small impression of what I have been up to lately.

Every morning I wake up around 6:45 to the Cold Play song, In My Place. I have tried changing the alarm to other songs for the sake of my poor roommate but nothing else lets my body know it is really time to wake up. I've also started showering at night, because it is easier to stay up later than it is get up earlier for some reason. In the morning I always eat breakfast, and make a lunch before heading off to work. I leave between 7:30-8:00. It takes about 35 min to drive to work. I stay in the fast lane the whole time and go as fast as traffic allows, but no faster than 80 mph. I work until I have worked for 8 hours, or as close to it as I can stand. During a typical work day I file, file, make new file folders, move folders around, apply any payments we receive, print out invoices, put invoices through the envelope stuffing machine, and sometimes I do random projects involving very little brain activity. All in all, it's a great job for a student like me. I'm learning tons of office skills which will be good down the road in my professional career, whatever that turns out to be. After 8 hours I drive home, again in the fast lane, and then comes the time where I do whatever I want. This week I went on a hike, I made my friends dinner on numerous occasions, I colored, I went running a few times, I went country dancing for the first time, I watched a scary movie, and I wrote to missionaries. After partying, I go to sleep. Then the whole cycle repeats. It is a good life.

No comments: