Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Date of Birth

As I awoke yesterday morning everything felt different. The colors were slightly dingier than they had been the previous morning. Everything was slightly more out of focus. Gravity seemed to be pulling on me an extra 3% causing my joints to stress, and wrinkles to form around my eyes. Yesterday morning was my first morning as a twenty year old. No longer a teenager. Yesterday was the day that I crossed over officially in the realm of adulthood.

..and yet the gifts I received from my comrades could have been given to a five year old. As I was blowing my new grape scented bubbles, I thought to myself, "I wonder when will people give be grown up stuff for my birthday?" The voice in my head responded, "When you act older than a five year old!" The voice and I had a good chuckle at that one and continued blowing bubbles.

4 comments:

Ashley A. said...

Hahaha Mary I love your posts. They make me laugh. Happy Birthday!

Regina said...

Mary your are dang cute, can't wait to see you this weekend. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you about activities, I have been totally uninspired. It is going to be a good time.

The Greens said...

Love you cutie! Sorry I missed your birthday, I dont have your number. would have called.. Hope you had fun. We are just waiting for the baby! loves!

Gram B said...

Well almost adulthood, 1 more year to go. Officially anyway.