Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

All Keyed Up

Picture of Me found in Google Imgages


I am now going to relate myself to a car. If I were a car, I would be an old one, not high end. I would have a hard time starting up some mornings but once you scrape the frost off my windshield I'm good to go. However, I think that last night, I was high jacked. And someone sat in me an kept on pushing the breaks and the gas at the same time so my stomach/engine was churning, but I wasn't going anywhere. Finally this morning we got to drive around the block and I'm hoping to get back to my normal pace soon. The moral of this story is that I had my first BYU test today. And I was so nervous I almost threw up. And passed out. Both were looking really good. The reason why I was all worked up is that I really just like multiple choice straight forward tests. None of this come prepared to write one of five possible essays and have stuff memorized to answer the questions covering a billion pages in your book stuff. I guess you could say I was overwhelmed. Basically last night I gave up outlining, and just decided to memorize as many works of art as I could, so I had a bank of them to draw from for the essay. This morning, still freaking out, the voice of my mother echoing in my head that she would pay me 10 cents if i didn't do well on it, I gave up studying and started praying pretty much. I prayed that a we would get to write on question one. Even though I didn't deserve it, and I should have studied early. I prayed that I could perhaps calm down. I get to class. Guess what! Question 1! Hallelujah. I pretty much dance inside my heart and began writing fast and furiously. Now, I can breathe a little better, but I'm still keyed up. I take school way to seriously if you ask me. Also, I am blessed far beyond what I deserve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew my dime was safe in my dish! I love you rose pedals.

Ashley A. said...

Are you in Art History for your civilization credit? I took Art History 202, or whatever. Those were hard tests! What a blessing, though.

If it makes you feel better, I actually did pass out in the Wilk testing room during my first semester finals! :)